Play is vital for children and Scope’s selection of toys are designed to develop skills and facilitate learning. Whilst suitable and fun for all children, our selection has been chosen with a focus on the benefits the toys can offer to children with special education needs.
Learning Resources has over 35 years experience in creating award winning toys and consider this toy to be beneficial to children with the following special educational needs.
- Speech, Language and Communication
- Cognition and learning
- Sensory and physical needs
Catch a worm and practise the pencil grip with this fun, wriggly game that introduces other learning skills including colour identification, sorting, and counting.
- Use the specially designed Tri-Grip Tong to pull worms from the foam activity board. Tongs have indents to intuitively guide a child’s hand into the finger placements, to get used to the feeling of holding a pencil.
- These worms are stretchy and catching them isn’t easy! By using the tong to pull worms, children build hand strength, and hand-eye coordination.
- The included spinner and activity cards turn learning into a game as children master colour identification, sorting, critical thinking, and early maths skills.
- Tongs measure 12cm H x 4cm in diameter. Game box measures approx. 25cm L x 25 cm W.